John Y. Kim
|Practice Areas||Corporate Transactions, General Business, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate, and Contracts.|
Mr. Kim is a partner in the firm’s Business Transactions group. He is one of the founding partners of the firm. Prior to forming the firm, Mr. Kim was a transactional attorney practicing at two highly regarded regional law firms in Southern California and at the Los Angeles office of Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, LLP.
Mr. Kim has provided counsel to both public and privately held companies in matters relating to corporate and securities laws, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and general business law matters. He has the expertise to advise his clients in matters relating to formation and dissolution of various entities, purchase or sale of on-going businesses, drafting and negotiating general business agreements, corporate governance, joint ventures, commercial leases, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, employment and consulting agreements, licensing agreements, and other business law matters. Mr. Kim has the prior experience to assist clients in virtually all aspects of their business operations. He has represented clients in diverse fields such as retailers, product manufacturers, clothing manufacturers, software and hardware developers, real estate developers, hospitals, ornamental iron works manufacturer and a shopping mall.
Mr. Kim was also selected as a Rising Star by his peers and Super Lawyer Magazine from 2009 through 2012 and voted as one of Orange County's Top Attorneys.
Mr. Kim's recent experience includes but not limited to representation of:
- an innovating high tech software company in its private offering of its common stock;
- a textile and dying company in its private offering of its common stock;
- a Chinese company owning various hospitals in China in its private securities offerings in the United States;
- a major manufacturer of computer hardware in its Chapter 11 proceeding;
- a shopping mall operator in its general day-to-day business operations;
- a manufacturing company of remote control devices in its conversion from a corporation into a limited liability company; and
- a carpet franchisor in its business asset sale.
|Education||University of California at Berkeley (B.A., Political Economy of Industrial Societies, with High Distinction, 1997); University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 2001; Certificate of Study at the Wharton School of Business in Public Policy and Management, 2001).|
|Admissions||Mr. Kim is admitted to practice before all California Courts and the United States District Court for the Central District of California.|
Korean American Bar Association of Southern California |
Los Angeles County Bar Association